According to "Europe's Digital Progress Report (EDPR) 2017 Country Profile" , Estonia is ranked highest with regard to online provision of public services, and are well skilled in the use of digital technologies and use a variety of internet services. Estonia is strong on mobile broadband, but the fixed fast broadband coverage is low. The key challenge is the digitisation of companies.
The Digital agenda 2020 for Estonia declare the general objective : "Estonia will have a well-functioning environment for the widespread use and development of smart ICT solutions. This will have resulted in increased competitiveness of our economy, well-being of people and the efficiency of public administration". The progress will be measured with the following indicators :
- Take-up of 100 Mbit/s or faster internet connections. Starting point (2012): 3.6% and target level (2020): 60%
- Share of internet non-users among 16 to 74-year olds in Estonia. Starting point (2013): 18% and target level(2020): 5%
- Satisfaction with the quality of public services:
- Among adult population aged in Estonia. Starting point(2012): 67% and target level(2020): 85%
- Among entrepreneurs. Starting level (2012): 76% and target level (2020): 90%
- Share of ICT professionals in total employment. Starting point: 3% and target level (2020): 4.5%